Do you love the taste of coffee but can’t stand the acidic aftertaste? If so, cold brew coffee might be for you! Cold brew is made by steeping coffee grounds in cold water for an extended period of time, usually 12 hours or more. This brewing method results in a less acidic cup of coffee that is smoother and more flavorful than its hot counterpart. In this blog post, we’ll discuss some of the benefits of cold brew coffee so that you can decide if it’s right for you.
1. Cold Brew Coffee Helps to Weight Loss
When it comes to losing weight, it’s all about finding a calorie deficit—taking in fewer calories than you’re expending. And while coffee alone isn’t going to help you lose weight, it can give you the boost you need to create that calorie deficit.
One study showed that participants who consumed caffeinated coffee were able to eat less and still feel just as satisfied as those who didn’t drink coffee. So if you find yourself struggling to cut back on calories, cold brew coffee could be the answer.
Cold brew coffee is also a great source of antioxidants. Antioxidants are important for overall health, but they can also help prevent some of the negative side effects of dieting, such as oxidative stress. By drinking cold brew coffee, you can get a dose of antioxidants and give your weight loss efforts a boost at the same time.
2. Cold Brew Coffee Boost Metabolism
Coffee is well-known for its ability to give you a much-needed energy boost, but what many people don’t realize is that it can also help increase your metabolic rate.
Your metabolism is the rate at which your body burns calories, and a higher metabolism means that you will burn calories more quickly and efficiently.
Drinking cold brew coffee can help increase your metabolic rate by up to 11 percent, which means that you’ll be able to burn more calories throughout the day.
In addition to helping you burn calories more quickly, drinking cold brew coffee can also help you lose weight in other ways. For instance, studies have shown that drinking coffee can reduce your appetite and make you feel fuller longer.
This means that you’ll be less likely to snack throughout the day or overeat at mealtimes. Cold brew coffee specifically can help you lose weight because it contains a compound called chlorogenic acid, which has been shown to promote weight loss by reducing the absorption of fat from food and increasing the number of calories burned by the body.
Tips for Increasing Your Metabolism
Drinking cold brew coffee is a great way to give your metabolism a boost, but there are other things you can do as well. Here are a few tips:
1) Get moving – Exercise is one of the best ways to increase your metabolic rate. A combination of resistance training and cardio will give you the best results.
2) Eat breakfast – Eating breakfast jumpstarts your metabolism for the day by giving your body the fuel it needs to start burning calories.
3) Drink green tea – Green tea is another beverage that can help increase your metabolism due to its caffeine content and abundance of antioxidants.
4) Add spices to your food – Spicy foods have been shown to increase metabolism because they stimulate thermogenesis, which is the production of heat in the body. A little bit of spice can go a long way!
5) Stay hydrated – Drinking plenty of water throughout the day helps keep your body functioning optimally, including boosting your metabolism.
Adding cold brew coffee to your diet is an easy and delicious way to give your metabolism a boost. By increasing your metabolic rate, you’ll be able to burn calories more quickly and efficiently, leading to greater weight loss over time.
Plus, drinking cold brew coffee comes with a host of other benefits, like improved focus and concentration levels thanks to its lower acidity levels and richer flavor profile.
3. Lower Acid Levels
As we mentioned before, one of the main benefits of cold brew coffee is that it has lower acid levels than coffee that is brewed using hot water. For people who are sensitive to acidity, this can make all the difference in the world. Cold brew coffee is also less likely to cause stomach upset since the acids that can irritate your digestive system never have a chance to form.
Lower acid levels in cold brew coffee benefit health by reducing the risk of acid reflux and heartburn. The heating process that conventional coffee undergoes causes oils to be released, which leads to increased acidity.
Cold brew coffee, on the other hand, steeps the beans in cold water for an extended period of time, resulting in lower acid levels. This makes it a safer option for those with sensitive stomachs.
Cold brew coffee has a slightly higher PH than regular coffee, which some belief can neutralize toxins in the body.
4. Richer Flavor for Better Mood
Have you ever noticed that hot coffee tends to have a somewhat burnt flavor? This is because the heat from the brewing process breaks down some of the compounds that contribute to coffee’s unique flavor profile.
When you make cold brew coffee, there is no heat involved, so all those delicious compounds are preserved. As a result, cold brew coffee has a richer, more complex flavor than its hot counterpart.
The rich flavor of cold brew coffee can benefit your mood in a few ways.
- First, the flavor itself is inherently pleasing and can help to brighten your day.
- Second, caffeine is a natural mood-booster, and cold brew coffee contains more caffeine than traditional iced coffee.
- Finally, the slow release of caffeine from cold brew coffee can help you to avoid the crashes that often come with consuming too much caffeine in a short period of time.
5. More Gentle on Stomach
People who suffer from stomach issues, such as acid reflux or digestive discomfort, often find that drinking cold brew coffee is more gentle on their system than coffee brewed hot.
This is because the high acidity of regular coffee can be pulled out by the heat, making it more bitter and potentially causing more stomach problems.
Cold brew coffee, on the other hand, is made by steeping coffee grounds in cold water for an extended period of time, which results in a lower acidity beverage that is easier on the digestive system. Additionally, cold brew coffee contains a large number of crude polysaccharides, which are beneficial for boosting immunity.
6. More Caffeine
If you’re looking for a morning pick-me-up, cold brew coffee might be your best bet. Studies have shown that cold brew contains more caffeine than coffee that is brewed using hot water. So if you need an extra boost to get through your day, reach for a cup of cold brew.
7. Boost your Energy
Caffeine in cold brew coffee is healthy and can boosts your energy in a number of ways.
- First, caffeine triggers the release of adrenaline and noradrenaline, which are hormones that boost feelings of energy and strength.
- Second, caffeine is a natural diuretic, meaning it helps you expel fluids from your body. This is beneficial during cold weather, when you need to stay hydrated, as well as during times of physical activity, when you need to stay energized.
- Finally, caffeine is a proven antioxidant, meaning it helps protect your cells from damage. All of these factors make caffeine in cold brew coffee a healthy and energizing choice for any time of day.
8. More Focus
Cold brew coffee contains more caffeine than traditional hot coffee. This caffeine boost can help you feel more focused and energized. Caffeine works by blocking adenosine, a molecule that makes us sleepy.
When caffeine blocks adenosine, it allows dopamine, another molecule that is associated with energy and focus, to be more effective. This combination of increased focus and energy can make cold brew coffee a great choice for a productivity boost.
9. Rich in Antioxidants
Cold brew coffee is rich in antioxidants because the coffee beans are steeped in cold water for an extended period of time. The cold water extracts more of the flavor and caffeine from the beans, and also allows for more antioxidants to be released.
Antioxidants are important because they help to fight free radicals in the body. Free radicals can cause cellular damage, cancers, heart disease, arthritis, and other health issues. By consuming antioxidants, we can help to protect our bodies from the harmful effects of these free radicals.
10. Skin Benefit
One of the benefits of cold brew coffee is that it helps reduce the appearance of cellulite on the skin. Cellulite is a condition that affects many people, and can be difficult to get rid of.
Cold brew coffee contains antioxidants that help to improve circulation and reduce inflammation. This can help to decrease the appearance of cellulite over time.
Cold brew coffee is also a rich source of vitamin B3, which may be helpful in preventing nonmelanoma skin cancers. B3 is known to help protect the skin from UV radiation and other environmental toxins. It can also help to improve the appearance of sun spots, redness, and fine lines.
Cold brew coffee may also help treat stubborn dark circles under the eyes. The caffeine in coffee helps to constrict blood vessels, which reduces swelling and puffiness. The antioxidants in coffee can also help to brighten and rejuvenate the skin.